Welcome to my very first Style Guide!
Here I will be going through a selection of styles that you may be considering for your home and take you through the key features, how to implement them in your home and where to shop the look.
Today I will be focusing on one of my favourite styles, Australian. Simple right? Well compared to Scandinavian & Coastal styles, the Australian style doesn't get as much recognition as it should. After all, we are surrounded by it! I can sum it up in one word, ‘Entertaining’. This word is on pretty much every home owners mind in Australia.
As Australians, we love open spaces with understated design. All for one purpose, to be surrounded by friends and family. To entertain.
Inspired by our lifestyles, the Australian style has a love of ‘Inside/Out’ and incorporates large open spaces where the lines of inside and out are blurred. It finds itself in the perfect balance of brilliant, smart design that is left imperfect and lived in. Think fresh, welcoming spaces highlighting natural materials such as warm timbers and stone. The captivating Australian style is here to stay simply because it reflects how we live.
IMPLEMENT IT BY
- Open plan living with a seamless deck
- Large windows
- Pop of colour with soft furnishings and cabinetry
- Highlighting natural elements such as linen and leather
- Mixing materials such as concrete, stone and warm timbers
- Adding texture and layering to create an inviting space
- Creating bespoke pieces
SHOP THE LOOK
Below is a curation of how you can create the Australian Style in your home.
- Beautiful ‘Amy’ ARTWORK by Tracey Mock, $1600, fentonandfenton.com.au
- Versatile ‘Blanc Lustre VASE’ by Marble Basics, $18.95, marblebasics.com.au
- Handblown glass ‘Volt’ PENDANTS by Soktas, POA, soktas.co
- ‘Scorched egg cup’ STOOL by Mark Tuckey, POA, marktuckey.com.au
- Melbourne made ‘Reuben’ DINING CHAIR by Arthur G, POA, arthurg.com.au
- Plush ‘Hudson’ SOFA by Jardan, POA, jardan.com.au
- Stunning ‘Tahiti Deepsea 514’ FABRIC by Mokum, POA, jamesdunloptextiles.com
- Glazed 'Inax Pom Ponette’ TILE from Artedomus, POA, artedomus.com
- Marble top ‘Iko’ COFFEE TABLE by Jardan, POA, jardan.com.au
- Super durable ‘Neolith CALACATTA’ from CDK Stone, POA, cdkstone.com.au
- ‘Roman TRAVERTINE vein cut’ from Signorino, POA, signorino.com.au
- Italian made ‘EM-5305’ TERRAZZO from Signorino, POA, signorino.com.au
- ‘Fumed European Oak’ engineered timber FLOORING by Woodcut, POA, woodcut.com.au
- Tribal ‘Khyber Ivory/Black’ RUG by Tribe Home, POA, tribehome.com.au
- Melbourne made ‘Halo’ POT STANDS by Ivy Muse, POA, ivymuse.com.au